We have compiled a list of 5 hilarious family portrait ideas that will make your friends and family laugh until they cry.
Family portraits are a great way to capture the love and laughter of your family.
It is a well-known fact that people love to laugh and share funny photos. This can be seen in the popularity of sites such as 9gag, which is dedicated to providing users with an endless stream of hilarious content.
In this article, we will discuss some of the best family photo ideas that you can use to make your photos stand out from the rest.
1. Let the kids take over
If you are not a fan of selfies, then this is the perfect opportunity to get some great family photos that you can cherish for years to come.
When you think of family photos, you might think of a posed and formal photo with everyone looking serious and holding hands. But what if the kids took over?
What would happen if they ran around and played with each other while the parents snapped away?
The kids are always at their best when they are in charge of the camera. You can ask them to take pictures of you and each other or hand them your phone and let them do it themselves.
The point is that we have to let them be themselves. It's not about being perfect all the time. It's about capturing those moments when they are happy and free-spirited.
Kids love to take pictures and they are always looking for new ideas. Give them the camera, turn off the flash and let them do their thing.
2. Make silly faces
There are many hilarious family photo ideas that you can try. You can make silly faces, dress up in funny costumes and take silly family photos.
With the arrival of the digital age, it is now easier to capture these moments and share them with friends and family.
The best way to have fun with your family is to make silly faces. And we all know that the sillier the better. So, let’s have some fun!
First, get into a group pose (family photo) and do something silly like making a funny face or doing something silly with your pets.
Then, make an odd face or do something silly and snap a pic. Include props in the photo like hats, masks, sunglasses, or other things that can be found around the house.
Finally, post it on social media for everyone to see! This is one of those moments where laughter is contagious, so go ahead and get goofy! This will be a great way to capture something that you might not be able to recreate again in the future.
3. Include props in the photo
We all know that we should not take pictures of ourselves without a good reason. But when it comes to taking photos of your family, there are some exceptions to this rule.
One exception is when you want to capture an emotional moment and the perfect way to do that is by using props.
The best family portraits are the ones that make you laugh. This is because laughter is contagious and it will make your family members laugh too. So, in order to get a good laugh, you need to include some props in the photos.
This is a great way to make the photo more interesting.
There are 2 ways to choose good props for your family members:
- A photo of a person with a prop that matches their profession. For example, someone who is an astronaut could have a spacesuit on and someone who is an artist could have paintbrushes in their hand.
- A photo of someone with a prop that relates to what they are doing or what they're wearing that day. For example, if it's raining outside, you could include an umbrella in the picture or if you're wearing a dress and heels, you might include your purse or heels in the picture or if it's summertime and you're at the beach, you might include sandals in your photos.
4. Take a photo with an animal or pet
If you want to take a photo with an animal or a pet, then you should consider the following:
- Find out if the animal likes to be photographed. For example, some animals are scared of cameras and will run away as soon as they see one.
- Take your time to get acquainted with the animal by feeding it or playing with it for a few minutes before you take a picture. The more time you spend getting to know the animal, the more comfortable it will be with you and your camera.
- Try to find an area that is clean and has good lighting for your photoshoot.
If you have any of the following: a dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, guinea pig, iguana, snake, fish tank with at least one fish in it or any other type of animal or pet then you are ready to go.
5. Use stickers and Photoshop
We all know that the best memories are made with family. And when these memories are captured in photographs, they become all the more memorable. But sometimes it’s hard to think of a creative way to pose for a photo.
Photoshop is a popular tool for editing and manipulating photos. It can be used to create hilarious family portrait ideas by adding things to the background of the photo.
Some of these tools are:
- Use stickers that are provided by different companies, like Snapchat or Instagram.
- Use Photoshop skills to add things to the background of the photo.
Here are some more ideas for you and your family to have fun with when posing for a photo:
- Pretend like you're doing something embarrassing, like throwing up or picking your nose, and take a picture!
- Pose as if you're on vacation and take photos in front of famous landmarks or locations from movies.
- Have someone take a photo of you while you do something silly, like eating cereal out of an ice cream bowl!
Here is a bonus of 5 extra simple ideas for your family photos
- The "I'm not touching you" pose:
- The "I'm going to kill you" pose:
- The "I'm going to steal your toy" pose:
- The "get out of my room" pose:
- Finally, you could create some personalised portraits or caricatures for your family.
You may also be interested in this blog
Top 4 emotional & funny Father's Day gifts for your dad